When I’m feeling swamped, my mind runs like a gerbil on a treadmill -- I don’t even know where to begin! However, I now employ a technique I learned about in “Ask and It is Given,” a wonderful book about the Law of Attraction, written by Jerry and Esther Hicks. The Hicks’s teach a technique they call the Place Mat Process (found on p. 211 ).
Here’s how it works:
- Rather than creating your usual “To Do” list, draw a “T” on a piece of paper, just as you would do to write out a list of “pros” and “cons” on a subject.
- On one side of the “T,” list the things that you know how to and can reasonably complete;
- On the other side of the “T,” list all the things that need to get done, but you have no idea how you will get to them. Title that side, “What I need God to do” -- they call God "the Universe".
- Ask God to handle the items on the God side of the list;
- Handle the business on your side of the list;
- Watch in amazement as task after task on God’s list gets finished, is managed or goes away of its own accord.